From Tatiana's TOMATOBase
|Fruit type||paste, cooking, slicer|
|Variety type||open-pollinated, heirloom|
- Indet., regular wispy foliage typical for Eastern-european heart-shaped varieties, pink heart shaped fruits up to 12 oz. The original description I was given describes them as "up to 2 lbs" which could have been the case if I had grown them under better conditions. Very good flavor.
- Tamara Yaschenko of Biysk, Siberia, Russia 06
Year grown: 2007
- Siberian heirloom from Altai region, Russia; from Tamara Yaschenko's collection.
- The seeds were sent to Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T) as part of a large seed exchange with Tamara Yaschenko of Biysk, Siberia, Russia in 2006. Tatiana grew it in 2007 and offered it in the 2008 SSE Yearbook.
Russian Name: Абаканский
- The name means 'From Abakan region'.
- Abakanskiy Rozovyi (beefsteak)
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Abakanskiy - green fruit. 2007
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2012||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - sold out for 2012||.||.|
|2011||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds||.||.|
|2010||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds||1||.|
|2009||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds||1||.|