|Fruit shape||oblate, beefsteak|
- 80 days, indet., regular leaf, ribbed orange beefsteak fruit, 4-10 oz, very good sweet flavor and meaty flesh. It is slow to start, but will reward you with lots of great tomatoes at the peak of summer.
- Seed Source
- 1. Reimer Seeds
- 2. CV Snow Seed 12
- 3. Trudi Davidoff, NY 05|2006 (1), 2011 (2)}}
- 4. Heirloom Seeds 04
- 80 days, indet., regular leaf plant with good yield of 12-16 oz orange fruit, very good sweet mild flavor.
- Reimer Seeds / AR BO B 98 (Blane Bourgeois of Salem, Arkansas)
Location: Oblong, Illinois
- I got the first fruit 84 days after planting eight week old seedlings. The plant got to eight feet tall before I pruned it. The indeterminate plant gave a heavy yield of ten to fourteen bright orange fruits, some of which had slight green shouldering. The flavor was good and sweet with a fruity overtone.
- Reimer Seeds / Seedling grown by Love Apple Farm
Location: San Jose, California
- First offered in the Seed Savers 1985 Yearbook by Gary Staley of Brandon, Florida (FL ST G).
- Gary Staley named this tomato after the Amana Corporation, where he worked as a customer service manager.
- First offered commercially by Tomato Growers Supply in 1995.
- For more information, see Jodi Torpey's blog.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Amana Orange. 2006
You can buy Amana Orange seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!