|Fruit color||black, purple|
- Indet., regular leaf plants. Medium sized purple black beefsteaks with very excellent complex and sweet flavor. Fairly crack-resistant. Many thanks to Mark Oathout of Wasilla, Alaska, who raised and donated the seeds to us! (15 seeds / packet)
- 1. Susan Anderson of Elgin, Texas (TX AN S) 11
- 2. Darlene Starr, PA 11 / Gourmet Seed International
- 3. Mark Oathout, Wasilla, Alaska 14
Year grown: 2014*
- 84 days, but was one of the first large fruit to ripen for me in this very cool, wet, blight-filled season. Produces 10-14 oz oblate, purple fruit (clear skin). Very meaty. Originally crossed and selected for flavor by Keith Mueller from plants grown at Bear Creek Farms. Variety continued to be grown out stabilized at Bear Creek Farms by Robbins Hail and was introduced in 2009.
- Gourmet Seed International 09
- 80 days, indet., regular leaf plant with a good yield of pink-black 6-12 oz. fruit, very good flavor, this is a Keith Mueller cross.
- Robbins Hail of Osceola, Missouri (MO HA R2) 09
Location: Oblong, Illinois
- Keith Mueller's cross of heirloom varieties, developed at Bear Creek Farms and released in 2009.
- First offered commercially by Gourmet Seed International in 2009.
- First introduced in Seed Savers 2009 Yearbook by Robbins Hail of Osceola, Missouri (MO HA R2).
John Beidler (CT BE J). Bear Creek. 2009.
Susan Anderson (TX AN S): Bear Creek - ripe and sliced fruit. 2010. Posted with owner's permission.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2016||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - sold out for 2016||.||.|
|2015||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new||.||.|
|2013|| Gourmet Seed International
Sand Hill Preservation Center
|2012||Gourmet Seed International - sold out for 2012||.||.|
|2011||A Few Good Plants||.||.|
|2010||Gourmet Seed International||2||0|
|2009||Gourmet Seed International||1||.|
|Description||Indet., regular leaf plants. Medium sized purple black beefsteaks with very excellent complex and sweet flavor. Fairly crack-resistant. Many thanks to Mark Oathout of Wasilla, Alaska, who raised and donated the seeds to us! (15 seeds / packet)|
|Fruit color||black + and purple +|
|Fruit shape||oblate +|
|Fruit size||medium +|
|Growth habit||indet. +|
|History||* Keith Mueller's cross of heirloom variet … * Keith Mueller's cross of heirloom varieties, developed at Bear Creek Farms and released in 2009.
|Member||CT BE J + and IL LO N +|
|Member code||B.C KO T +|
|Seed source||1. Susan Anderson of Elgin, Texas (TX AN S) 11
|Variety type||open-pollinated +|
|Vendor||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds +, Sand Hill Preservation Center +, Gourmet Seed International + and A Few Good Plants +|
|Year grown||2014* +|