Brad's Black Heart
|Brad's Black Heart|
|Leaf type||regular, wispy|
- Compact indet. plants with regular wispy foliage produce medium to large (often fused) purple-black heart shaped fruit. It is quite early for a large fruited tomato, ripened at the end of July in my 2009 garden. The first fruit was over 18 oz, and the subsequent fruits were smaller. Fruits do not have as much green gel as other black tomato varieties. Good to very good flavor. Not very productive.
- 1. Annie Neoh, California 07
- 2. Linda Black of Fountain Valley, California (CA BL L) 08 (Linda Black, California) / Bruce Bradshaw, California 07
- 3. Al Anderson of Troy, Ohio (OH AN A) 07
Year grown: 2009
- 80 days, indet., regular leaf, pink-black, 8-16 oz oxheart fruit, very good flavor, high yields.
- Bruce Bradshaw, Concord, California 06
Location: Oblong, Illinois
- Classic shaped heart with green shoulders. This variety from Brad Gates produces 8-16 oz fruit. Indet, regular leaf foliage, 77 days.
- Sue Bailey, Alaska 09
Year: 2009, 2011
Location: LaFollette, Tennessee, USA
- 70-80 days, indet., regular leaf/droopy foliage, dense flesh, great flavor, mostly flattened swirly hearts, both pointy and blunt with some being a bit more elongated, medium size, clear skin, dark fruits.
- Brad Gates 05 ( Wild Boar Farms ) in California.
Location: Bastrop, Texas
- No harvest
- Manfred Hahm-Hartmann
Location: Quitzdorf am See, Germany
- First known black heart-shaped tomato, found by Brad Gates of CA (Wild Boar Farms) in a patch of several thousand Black Krim plants at a farm close by.
- First introduced in the 2007 SSE Yearbook by Susan Anderson of Bastrop, Texas (TX AN S), although it was listed under a wrong member code.
Also known as
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Brad's Black Heart (Anne Neoh) - ripe fruit. 2009-07-27.
Ted Maiden, Tennessee. Brad's Black Heart - green fruit. 2009-07-05.
Ted Corbett (GERM CO T). Brad's Black Heart - ripe fruit. 2008.
Klaus-Peter Schurz (GERM SC K). Brad's Black Heart - ripe fruit. 2013-07-31.
Susan Anderson (TX AN S): Brad's Black Heart.
Susan Anderson (TX AN S): Dora and Brad's Black Heart.
Sherry Shiesl, Alaska. Brad's Black Heart - ripe fruit. 2011.
Sherry Shiesl, Alaska. Brad's Black Heart - sliced fruit. 2011.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Brad's Black Heart (Anne Neoh) - flowers. 2009-06-13
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Brad's Black Heart (CA BL L) - baby fruit. 2009-06-10
Ted Maiden, Tennessee.Brad's Black Heart - green fruit. 2009-07-05.
Ted Corbett (GERM CO T). Brad's Black Heart - green fruit. 2008 (uploaded with owner's permission)
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Brad's Black Heart (Anne Neoh) - green fruit. 2009-07-12.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Brad's Black Heart (CA BL L) - green fruit. 2009-07-12.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Brad's Black Heart (OH AN A) - green fruit. 2009-07-12.
|Also known as||Black Oxheart +|
|Fruit color||black +|
|Fruit shape||heart +|
|Fruit size||medium +|
|Fruit type||slicer +|
|Growth habit||indet. +|
|Leaf||regular + and wispy +|
|Member||B.C KO T +, IL LO N +, TN MA T +, TX AN S + and GERM SC K +|
|Similar||Chernoe Serdtse +|
|Variety type||open-pollinated +|
|Vendor||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds +, Gleckler Seedmen +, TomatoFest +, Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds +, Wild Boar Farms +, Solana Seeds +, Delectation of Tomatoes +, Double Helix Farms +, Heritage Tomato Seed + and Knapp's Fresh Vegies +|