Cornue Des Andes
|Cornue Des Andes|
|Fruit shape||elongated, plum|
|Fruit type||paste, cooking|
- Indet. plants with wispy regular leaf foliage. Long pointed fruits are red and shaped as horns, and can be up to 7" long and 2.5" in diameter. Firm and meaty flesh with small seed chambers and very few seeds. Excellent for sauce or cooking. (15 seeds / packet)
- 1. Dan and Val McMurray of Wynndel, British Columbia, Canada (B.C MC D) 06
- 2. Salt of the Earth Seed Company 15 / Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds 14 / Dan and Val McMurray of Wynndel, British Columbia, Canada (B.C MC D) 06
Year grown: 2013, 2014*
- 78 days, indet., regular leaf, excellent yield of great tasting pointed paste type red fruit, 2.5" wide x 5" long with few seeds.
Location: Pasadena, Texas
- Originally from France. Reportedly brought to France by a French plant collector from the Andes.
Also known as
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2016||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds||.||.|
|2014||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new||.||.|
|2013||Sand Hill Preservation Center - sold out for 2013||2 (as Andine Cornue)||.|
|2011||Sand Hill Preservation Center - not available for 2011||0||2|
|2007||Sand Hill Preservation Center||2||.|
You can buy Cornue Des Andes seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!