|Fruit shape||round, globe|
|Fruit type||canner, slicer|
|Variety type||commercial heirloom|
- Compact indet. plants, very bushy with dense foliage cover, regular leaf, good yield of round red fruits, 3-5 oz. Good acidic flavor. Fruits are quite juicy and blemish free.
- Dan and Val McMurray of Wynndel, British Columbia, Canada (B.C MC D) 06
Year grown: 2011 (crop failure), 2012
- Breeder: Depts. of Hort., North Dakota and New Hampshire Expt. Stations, Fargo, N.D., and Durham, N.H.
- Parentage: (Lycopersicon peruvianum x Mich. State Forcing) followed by backcrosses to early American cultivars.
- N.D. Agr. Expt. Sta. Bimonthly Bul. 15 (3). Jan.-Feb. 1953.
- The description from 1958 Gleckler Seed Catalog says:
- "(High-vitamin Tomato). Another new development by Dr. A.F.Yeager, head of department of horticulture at the University of New Hampshire. This new tomato contains twice the vitamins content found in ordinary commercial varieties. The canned product of this tomato is also high in vitamin C. In a recent test, canned tomato juice from Doublerich had 55 milligrams of ascorbic acid six months later. Smooth, deep globular fruits average about 2 1/2 inches in diameter, ripening from a light green, even ripening characteristic to bright scarlet. Unusually firm fruit with high resistance to cracking and long keeping after ripe. Flavor is very mild and delicious. Maturity is mid-season. Moderate size, determinate vines somewhat open, but fruits resist sunburn very well."
Also known as
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Doublerich - seedling planted. 2011-05-26.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Doublerich - plant. 2011-06-28.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Doublerich - flower. 2011-06-28.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Double Rich - baby fruit. 2012-07-13.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Double Rich - ripe fruit. 2012-08-19.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Double Rich - ripe fruit. 2012-08-23.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Double Rich - sliced fruit. 2012-08-23.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2014||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds
|2013||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new
Sand Hill Preservation Center
|2011|| Salt Spring Seeds
|2010|| Salt Spring Seeds
You can buy Doublerich seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!