|Fruit shape||beefsteak, oblate|
- 80 days, large indet. plants with potato leaf foliage. Large dark pink beefsteaks, 8-14 oz. Delicious sweet flavor. (15 seeds / packet)
- Reimer Seeds / Earl Cadenhead, Ohio 05
Year grown: 2005, 2010, 2011, 2015
- 80 days, indet., potato leaf, good yield of 10-18 oz pink beefsteak fruit, excellent flavor.
- Reimer Seeds / Mark Korney, Buffalo, New York
Location: Oblong, Illinois
- 75 days, indet., potato leaf plants, medium pink beefsteaks, excellent taste, seems to set better in heat for me than Brandywine.
- Reimer Seeds / Michael Gunn of Pasadena, Texas (TX GU R) 05 / Earl Cadenhead of Ohio
Location: Bastrop, Texas
- 75 days, indet., potato leaf, excellent taste, good yield.
- Reimer Seeds / Earl Cadenhead, Ohio
Location: Pasadena, Texas
- 'Discovered' by Earl Cadenhead, Ohio, in the early 2000s, who received the seed in a seed trade as 'Red Brandywine' and was surprised to see potato leaf plants, as Red Brandywine should have regular foliage. Earl found the taste to be truly outstanding, and he distributed the seeds among the members of Garden Web and Tomatoville. This variety has been popular among hobby tomato growers since then, and it has now become commercially available (Tomato Growers Supply ).
- First offered in the Seed Savers 2005 Yearbook by OH RI M2 (Mark Richardson of Loveland, Ohio) and OH ST S, seeds from Earl Cadenhead, Ohio.
Connie Mayo (MA MA C): Earl's Faux has big leaves. 6-15-2009.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Earl's Faux - seedling planted. 2011-05-26.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Earl's Faux - plant. 2010-07-03.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Earl's Faux - flower buds. 2010-07-03.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Earl's Faux - flowers. 2010-07-11.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Earl's Faux - ripe fruit. 2015-08-07.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Earl's Faux - sliced fruit. 2015-08-07.
Susan Anderson (TX AN S): Earl's Faux - sliced fruit. 2007.
You can buy Earl's Faux seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!