|Fruit shape||pear, plum|
|Fruit type||paste, canner, cooking|
- indet., regular leaf, small to medium size bright red 'plump' pear-shaped tomatoes, very beautiful, some smooth, and some with ribbed shoulders. Solid flesh with little juice, great assertive flavor. Good for fresh eating and cooking. High yields. 2-6 oz.
- Jennifer Hutson, Kitchener, Ontario, Canada 06
Year grown: 2011
- 60-80 days, good persistent yield of mostly 8-10 oz. (some to nearly 1 lb.) plump, meaty, squat pear-shaped (or bell-shaped) fruit with occasional slight ribbing, sometimes with a little green at the neck end, very good rich flavor. Good for canning and sauces, certainly very appropriate as a multipurpose variety.
- Dennis Sherwood, IL (IL SH D) who probably obtained it from Marianne Jones of Dickson, TN (TN JO M), from CA BA M2
Location: Augusta, Michigan
- Introduced to SSE in 1999 by Molly Barker Fitler of Redwood City, California (CA BA M2), who attributed the variety to Ernie Franco of San Mateo, California.
- Said to have been brought from Italy to CA around 1990 by Ernie Franco.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Ernie's Plump - plant. 2011-07-09.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Ernie's Plump - flower truss. 2011-07-09.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Ernie's Plump - flowers. 2011-07-09.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Ernie's Plump - ripening fruit. 2011-09-29.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2013||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - sold out for 2013
Heritage Harvest Seed
|2012||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new||.||.|
|2011||Heritage Harvest Seed||4||0|
|2010|| Heritage Harvest Seed
|2009|| Heritage Harvest Seed