Eva Purple Ball
|Eva Purple Ball|
|Fruit type||slicer, canner|
|Variety type||open-pollinated, heirloom|
- indet., regular leaf, medium size perfect round and blemish-free pink fruits, 4-8 oz, very good to excellent flavor, nice texture, no core.
- Seed Source
- 1. Reimer Seeds
- 2. Johnny's Selected Seeds 12|2008 (crop failure), 2009(1), 2011(2)}}
- 3. Peter Gallant, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada 05
- Large vines, needs caging or staking. First maturity about 65 days. Plants provide a steady crop of 3-4 oz. deep pink juicy globes, very good sweet rich tomato flavor. Ripe fruit sometimes fall off vine.
- Reimer Seeds / Craig LeHoullier of Raleigh, North Carolina (NC LE C) / Carolyn Male of Salem, New York (NY MA C) 91 / Joe Bratka, New Jersey
Year: 92, 98, 99, 05, 07
Location: Augusta, Michigan
- 75 days, indet., regular foliage, 4-8 oz, pink globes that are blemish free, very good taste, excellent yield, one of the best, try some.
- Reimer Seeds / Carolyn Male of Salem, New York (NY MA C) 94 / NY SM D 91 / Joe Bratka
Location: Oblong, Illinois
- This variety was brought to the U.S. from the Black Forest region of Germany in the late 1800s by the family of Joseph Bratka of Elmwood Park, New Jersey.
- Introduced in Seed Savers 1991 Yearbook by Carolyn Male of Latham, New York (NY MA C).
- First offered commercially by Southern Exposure Seed Exchange in 1994.
- 27 commercial sources for this variety were noted for 2004 in the Garden Seed Inventory 6th edition.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Eva Purple Ball - flowers. 2008-07-27.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Eva Purple Ball (Peter Gallant, PE) - baby fruit. 2008-07-27.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Eva Purple Ball - baby fruit. 2009-06-27.
Jeff Fleming (MI FL J). Eva Purple Ball, 2005
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Eva Purple Ball - ripe fruit. 2009-08-12.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Eva Purple Ball - sliced ripe fruit. 2009-08-12.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Eva Purple Ball - sliced ripe fruit. 2009-08-24.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Eva Purple Ball - sliced ripe fruit. 2009-10-02.
You can buy Eva Purple Ball seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!
|Fruit color||pink +|
|Fruit shape||globe +|
|Fruit size||medium +|
|Fruit type||slicer + and canner +|
|Growth habit||indet. +|
|Member||B.C KO T +, MI FL J + and IL LO N +|
|Variety type||open-pollinated + and heirloom +|
|Vendor||Johnny's Selected Seeds +, Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds +, Tomato Growers Supply +, TomatoFest +, Good Mind Seeds +, Sand Hill Preservation Center +, Skyfire Garden Seeds +, Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds +, Reimer Seeds +, Heirloom Seeds +, Heirloom Tomatoes +, Heritage Tomato Seed +, Solana Seeds +, The Sample Seed Shop +, Delectation of Tomatoes +, Gourmet Seed International +, Heritage Harvest Seed +, Hazzard's Wholesale Seeds +, Knapp's Fresh Vegies +, Two Wings Farm + and Trade Winds Fruit +|