Frank's Large Red
From Tatiana's TOMATOBase
|Frank's Large Red|
|Fruit shape||irregular, beefsteak|
- 85 days, indet., regular leaf plant with a high yield of 12-18 oz, pink beefsteak fruit with very good flavor, eastern Kentucky heirloom.
- Roger Postley, Lexington, Kentucky
Location: Oblong, Illinois
- If you are looking for the perfect tomato to complement your hamburger, you have found it. We all agree that this has a salty sweet flavor, a bit like tomato soup. Plenty of acid bite to it. Beautiful deep red color, around 1 lb each, with good production. Beefsteak type, and it does not have a lot of seeds. Very healthy plants.
- IL LO N / Roger Postley, Lexington, Kentucky
Location: Sonora, Kentucky
- 75 days, indet., regular leaf, very good yield of excellent tasting red beefsteaks, 6", 1.5 lbs.
Location: Pasadena, Texas
- My seeds came from Maria Stenger. Pic is not quite ripe yet. BIG,BIG,BIG!
- Maria Stenger of Sonora, Kentucky
- An heirloom from Eastern Kentucky.
- Introduced in Seed Savers 2007 Yearbook by Michael Gunn of Pasadena, Texas (TX GU R) and Neil Lockhart of Oblong, Illinois (IL LO N).
Maria Stenger, Sonora, KY. Frank's Large Red.