|Fruit color||green, striped|
|Variety type||open-pollinated, created heirloom|
- 80 days, indet., regular leaf, 2-5 oz, green round fruits with dark green/yellow stripes, green flesh and gel, very productive, very good tangy flavor.
- 1. Reimer Seeds
- 2. Tomato Growers Supply 04
- 3. Livingston Seed 11
- 4. CV Hazzard's Greenhouse 11
- 5. CV Snow Seed 12
- 6. CV PNW Seeds 05
Year grown: 2004, 2008, 2010(4)
- 85 days, indet., regular leaf plant, good yield of 2-3 oz yellow and green striped fruit, good flavor.
Location: Oblong, Illinois
- These tomatoes are 2-3 oz green balls with yellow stripes, and a zingy green taste. The small, bushy plants are well suited to container culture. This highly productive tomato is always a hit. 90 days to maturity.
Year grown: 2008
Location: Sonora, Kentucky
- green – amber-green striped fruit, regular leaf, indet.
Year grown: 2011, 2013
- Green with yellow/yellow-green stripes. Regular leafed plant, indeterminate. Fruit grows to about the size of a tennis ball (and slightly larger), bushy with lots of leaf cover. A really nice acidic flavour, always really productive in my garden, and ripens well off the vine. Plants grow approx 4-4.5'. Does well in heat.
Location: Nelson, BC, Canada
- Developed in the 1980s by tomato and potato breeder Tom Wagner, Everett, Washington from 4 heirlooms which included Evergreen. Selected for beautiful green color with green stripes and crack-resistance. One of Tom's favorite tomatoes that he uses extensively in breeding.
- Released by Tom Wagner in 1983 via Tater Mater Seed.
- For additional information, see Tom Wagner's article about Pedigree of 'Green Zebra' tomato.
- Other "Zebras", which may or may not be related to Green Zebra.
- Black Brandywine X Green Zebra F1,
- New Green Zebra,
- Giant Green Zebra,
- Berkeley Tie Dye,
- Black Zebra,
- Dawson's Black Zebra
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Green Zebra (PNW Seeds) - green fruit. 2008-08-04.
Klaus-Peter Schurz (GERM SC K). Green Zebra - green fruit. 2013-08-03.
Tom Wagner. Green Zebra.
Kelly G. Green Zebra ripening on the vine. Sept. 2007
Olena Tsygankova, Alberta. Green Zerba - sliced fruit. 2012-09-29.
You can buy Green Zebra seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!