- Seed Source
- Reimer Seeds
- 80 days, indet., regular leaf, high yield of dusky dark pink/purple fruits, slightly green smooth shoulders which are 100% edible, 6-12 oz, most fruits are flattened beefsteaka. Outstanding rich and sweet flavor. (15 seeds / packet)
- 1. Reimer Seeds
- 2. Annie Neoh, California 07
- 3. Mireille Blais, Quebec, Canada 07
Year grown: 2007, 2015
- 80 days, indet., regular leaf plant wih a high yield of 6-12 oz pink-purple fruit with green shoulders, very good flavor.
- Reimer Seeds / Carolyn Male of Salem, New York (NY MA C) 04
Location: Oblong, Illinois
- Absolutely one of the best for flavor and production. Maroon-purple skins with deep green shoulders that form stripes halfway down toward the blossom end. Most fruits are in the 8-12 oz range. Indet, regular leaf, beefsteak shape, 80 days.
- Reimer Seeds / Zana Alexanian 08
Year grown: 2009, 2010, 2011
Location: LaFollette, Tennessee, USA
- striped beefsteak tomato, orange and a brownish red, indet.
- Reimer Seeds / M. Hahm-Hartmann
Year grown: 2009
Location: Quitzdorf am See, Germany
- Considered to be a strain of Cherokee Purple. The fruits of Indian stripe are slightly smaller, lighter in color, and have more fruits per truss. The original seed came to Carolyn Male of NY from Donna Nelson, Texas, who found this variety growing in the garden of Clyde Burson, a neighbor of her relatives in south central AR. Mr. Burson has been growing this tomato for as long as he can remember.
- In the area this variety was known as Indian Stripe or Indian Zebra. Carolyn Male chose 'Indian Stripe' for the name.
Denise Salmon (B.C SA D). Indian Stripe - plants.
Klaus-Peter Schurz (GERM SC K). Indian Stripe - flower. July 2009.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T): Indian Stripe - green fruit. 2007
Denise Salmon (B.C SA D). Indian Stripe - green fruit. 2009-08-16
Ted Maiden (TN MA T): Indian Stripe - Green Fruit. 2012.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Indian Stripe (1) - ripe fruit. 2015-08-09.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Indian Stripe (2) - ripe fruit. 2015-08-14.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Indian Stripe (1) - sliced fruit. 2015-08-09.
Klaus-Peter Schurz (GERM SC K). Indian Stripe - sliced fruit. 2009.
Susan Anderson (TX AN S): Indian Stripe - plate, 2007-06-30
You can buy Indian Stripe seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!