Matt's Wild Cherry
|Matt's Wild Cherry|
|Variety type||family heirloom|
- Indet., rampant vines with soft foliage, high yield of small bright red cherries, 0.5" in diameter. Very good bold balanced flavor. High yields. Very good disease resistance.
Year grown: 2005, 2012
- Little round red cherry tomato, under 2 gr., indet., very high plant with small clusters of small round red cherry fruit.
- CV Treml 04 (Raritätengärtnerei Treml), GERM SC K 05, GERM SC K 06
Year: 2004, 2005, 2006
- Small currant sized 1/2" red fruit on vigorous indet. regular leaf plants. Smallish plant sends out long vines that must be controlled. Early-mid season and somewhat cold tolerant as mine have always lasted thru first soft frosts. They have a strong tendency to reseed themselves and will produce lots of "volunteers" the following year.
- TomatoFest 09
Year: 2011, 2012
Location: LaFollette, Tennessee, USA
- Originated from Mexico where it grows wild, L. esculentum var. cerasiforme;
- Teresa Arellanos de Mena, a friend of Maine Ag. Faculty's Dr. Laura Merrick and Dr. Matt Liebman, brought seed to Maine from her family in Hidalgo in Eastern Mexico.
- Readily self-seeds to provide volunteers for the next year.
- Terroir Seeds has begun (in 2009) offering a golden-yellow, almost transluscent variant "Matt's Wild Cherry Gold" which is not yet stabilized.
Klaus-Peter Schurz (GERM SC K). Matt's Wild Cherry - baby fruit.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Matt's Wild - ripe fruit. 2012-08-21.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Matt's Wild - ripe fruit. 2012-09-08.
Klaus-Peter Schurz (GERM SC K). Matt's Wild Cherry
Heritage Tomato Seed (CA MC M). Matt's Wild Cherry with Radiator Charlie's Mortgage Lifter. 2010.
You can buy Matt's Wild Cherry seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!