|Variety type||open-pollinated, family heirloom|
- Indet., regular leaf plants. Large pink beefsteaks, 10-16 oz. Excellent sweet flavor.
- The seeds we received must have been crossed or mixed up, as some plants produced large red beefsteaks instead of pink. See Mexico Red for the red variant.
- Geza Korbely, Hungary 06
Year grown: 2013(crop failure), 2014
- 80 days, indet., regular leaf plant with a good yield of 1-1.5 lb pink beefsteak fruit with excellent flavor.
- NY MA C 96 (Carolyn Male of Latham, New York)
Location: Oblong, Illinois
- 80 days, indet., regular leaf plants with an average yield of 14-20 oz pink beefsteak fruit with outstanding flavor.
- Horace "Big Red" Boynton Jr. of Bethelridge, Kentucky 06
Location: Bastrop, Texas
- A family heirloom that was brought into the U.S. by a Mexican family living in the Midwest.
- First offered in the Seed Savers 1996 Yearbook by Carolyn Male of Latham, New York (NY MA C), who received the seeds from a reader of Off the Vine.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Mexico - plant. 2013-06-12.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Mexico - flowers. 2014-06-16.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Mexico - green fruit. 2014-07-19.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Mexico - ripe fruit. 2014-09-02.
Susan Anderson (TX AN S). Mexico - SETTFest 2008. Photo by Tim Hansford.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Mexico - sliced fruit. 2014-09-02.