|Leaf type||regular, wispy|
|Variety type||open-pollinated, heirloom|
- Mid- to late season, indet., regular wispy foliage, elongated red paste fruits with a knob on the blossom end. Fruits are 5-6" long, with firm flesh and very few seeds, have very good sweet flavor. Good for fresh eating and cooking. Medium to high productivity, most fruits ripen at the same time, but the plant continues to produce until it is killed by frost or disease.
- 1. Geza Korbely, Hungary 05
- 2. West Coast Seeds 11
Year grown: 2005 (1), 2009 (1)
- 75 days, indet., regular leaf, long paste, pointed end, very productive.
Location: Pasadena, Texas
- 90 days, indeterminate, regular leaf. A bit later for my area, and seemed to suffer a bit in hotter weather. Mild flavour, somewhat plant. Long dry fruit, about 6oz each. 4.5lbs/plant.
Year grown: 2014
Location: Edmonton, AB
- Heirloom variety from Poland, brought to New York by a family of Polish immigrants in the late 19th century.
- It first appeared in the Seed Savers 2003 Yearbook, listed by Bill Minkey of Darien, Wisconsin (WI MI B); his seed source was CV Nichols Garden Nursery.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Polish Linguisa - plant. 2009-06-06.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Polish Linguisa - flower. 2009-07-25.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Polish Linguisa - ripe fruit. 2009-09-04.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Polish Linguisa - sliced fruit. 2009-09-04.
You can buy Polish Linguisa seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!