|Fruit shape||plum, elongated|
|Fruit type||paste, canner, cooking|
- midseason, indet., bushy and vigorous 4-5' vines with very dense regular leaf foliage, elongated 4-5" long bright red glossy fruit in clusters of 5-6, dry flesh. Very high yields, very good cooking tomato, very good taste when cooked, but not so good for fresh eating.
- Irina Ogorodnova, Nebraska 05 / CV Lake Valley Seed 05
Year grown: 2009
- From Italy.
- Description from the 1958 Gleckler Catalog says:
- "SAN MARZANO (65 days). Large Fruited Strain.
- A selected strain of Italian paste tomato obtained from Prof. Abelardo Piovano, vegetable crops specialist and agronomist at the National University of Argentina. A very large-fruited strain obtained after many selections by Prof. Piovano in his extensive work in tomatoes. Mid-season in maturity. Vine growth vigorous, bushy with dense foliage and of excellent plant health. A very healthy yielder of beautiful seep scarlet, long plum-shaped fruits, having a most tempting, frosty, meaty and mild flavor. Having very little juice, excellent for tomato paste or combining with a juice variety for home canning. A most beautiful and tasty salad can be prepared by slicing lengthwise and stuffing with bits of cabbage and pepers cut up, garnished with mayonnaise."
- San Marzano 3
- San Marzano Bush
- San Marzano Lungo
- San Marzano Lungo 2
- San Marzano, Pink
- San Marzano Redorta
- San Marzano Gigante
- San Marzano La Padino
- San Marzano Lampadina
- San Marzano Nano
- Super Marzano F1
- Mini San Marzano F1
- Super San Marzano
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). San Marzano - plant. 2009-06-06.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). San Marzano - baby fruit. 2009-06-06.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). San Marzano - baby fruit. 2009-06-13.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). San Marzano - green fruit. 2009-06-13.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). San Marzano - green fruit. 2009-06-27.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). San Marzano - green fruit. 2009-07-11.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). San Marzano - ripe fruits. 2009-08-16.
CA LO S. San Marzano (variant commonly grown in Sicily) - ripe fruit. 2014-08-21.