|Fruit shape||ribbed, flattened|
|Fruit type||paste, salad, canner|
- Indet. tall plants, regular leaf. Small flattened and ruffled/ribbed bright red fruits, 1-1.5 oz. High yields. Good flavor, more acidic than sweet. Very good canning tomato.
- 1. Robert Hoser, Wolfratshausen, Germany 10 (no seeds left)
- 2. Michael Volk, Texas 11 (2004 seed)
Year grown: 2011 (1 - crop failure; 2 - germination 90% (August 2011), 2014
- From Greece. Original seed was collected in 1996 by Sonja Steifel on the island of Santorini in Greece where it was commercially grown.
- First offered in the Seed Savers 1996 Yearbook by William Woys Weaver of Paoli, Pennsylvania (PA WE W).
- SSE Accession: TOMATO/RED 4813.
- Some SSE members describe it as plum-shaped (PA WE W and IL LO N), and others (WI NE J) as ribbed and flattened, similar to Red Calabash in shape. The latter is a correct description.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Santorini - plant. 2011-07-09.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Santorini - baby fruit. 2011-07-09.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Santorini - ripe fruit. 2014-08-05.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Santorini - ripe fruit. 2014-08-19.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2015||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds||.||.|
|2013||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds
Skyfire Garden Seeds
|2012||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new||5||2|
|2011||Skyfire Garden Seeds||3||0|
|2010||Skyfire Garden Seeds||5||.|
|2009||Skyfire Garden Seeds||4||.|
|2008||Skyfire Garden Seeds||5||.|
You can buy Santorini seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!