- 55-60 days, large indet., regular leaf, very sweet, bright orange cherries, .5", on long clusters, delicious fruity taste, one of our favorite cherries, along with Josefina. (15 seeds / packet)
- 1. Tomato Growers Supply 07, Tomato Growers Supply 14
- 2. Pinetree Seeds 08
- 3. Johnny's Selected Seeds 12
Year grown: 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2011(3), 2013(1)
- Bright orange fruits. High sugar content and a very good fruity taste. Tall plants. The plants have a characteristic smell. One of the few hybrid varieties that i'm growing every year.
Year grown: 2013
Location: Zone 8a, Kuba, Main-Tauber-Kreis, Baden-Württemberg, Germany (430 ft above sea level)
- Developed by Tokita Seed Co., Ltd., Japan and released in 1992.
- Some sources mentioned that Brandywine may be one of the parents for this hybrid, but it is not known for sure. Some tomato growers, who grew F2 generation of Sungold, also reported a few potato leaf seedlings.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Sungold F1 - ripening fruit. 2010-07-03.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). SunGold F1 - ripe fruit. 2012-08-09.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Sungold fruits. 2005.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Sungold F1 - baby fruit. 2008-06-25.
You can buy SunGold F1 seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!