|Fruit type||canner, cooking, slicer|
|Variety type||open-pollinated, commercial heirloom|
- 70-80 days, indet., regular leaf plant with a good yield of medium to large red round fruits, blemish-free, excellent assertive flavor. Very reliable producer here in our Pacific North West cool summers.
- a Russian CV 00
Year grown: 2005, 2007
- 70-80 days, det., regular leaf, 4-8 oz red fruit. More prone to splitting than Sioux, taste about the same. 6 lbs./plant.
Year grown: 2006
Location: Wynndel, BC, Canada
- 70 days, semi-indet., thick walled fruit, slight acid flavor, good canner, does well in hot humid areas, excellent producer.
- Donna Meinschein, Maryland
Location: Pasadena, Texas
- Bred by CV D. V. Burrell Seed Growers from Sioux, which was developed at the University of Nebraska in 1944.
- PI 644789. Donated to USDA in 1961 by Petoseed Company, Inc.
- USDA narrative:
- "Scarlet, medium size, almost globe shaped, thick walls, high uniformity and yielding, early maturity, determinate, red fruits. Peto's Seed 1960."
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Super Sioux - baby fruit. 2007-07-02.
|Description||70-80 days, indet., regular leaf plant with a good yield of medium to large red round fruits, blemish-free, excellent assertive flavor. Very reliable producer here in our Pacific North West cool summers.|
|Fruit color||red +|
|Fruit shape||oblate +|
|Fruit size||medium +|
|Fruit type||canner +, cooking + and slicer +|
|Growth habit||indet. +|
|History||* Bred by CV D. V. Burrell Seed Growers fr … * Bred by CV D. V. Burrell Seed Growers from Sioux, which was developed at the University of Nebraska in 1944.
|Member code||B.C KO T +, B.C MC D + and TX GU R +|
|See also||Sioux +, Super Sioux Original + and Super Sioux Select +|
|Seed source||a Russian CV 00|
|Variety type||open-pollinated + and commercial heirloom +|
|Vendor||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds +, Tomato Growers Supply +, TomatoFest +, Skyfire Garden Seeds +, Heirloom Seeds +, Heirloom Tomatoes +, Heritage Tomato Seed +, Hazzard's Wholesale Seeds + and Seeds of Change +|
|Year grown||2005 + and 2007 +|