|Fruit shape||irregular, beefsteak|
|Variety type||family heirloom|
- Mid-season, large indet., regular leaf plant with fair yield of large pink beefsteak type fruits, 1-2 lbs, very good mild sweet flavor, meaty fruit with few seeds. (15 seeds / packet)
- Peter Gallant, Prince Edward, Canada 05
Year grown: 2006, 2015
- 80 days, indet., regular leaf plant with good yield of 1-1.5 lb pink beefsteak fruit, very good flavor.
- Carolyn Male of Salem, New York (NY MA C) 04 / David Pendergrass of Tennessee
- 85 days, indet., regular leaf plant, 12-18 oz pink beefsteaks with excellent flavor, family heirloom from the Tidwell family of Tennessee who have been growing it since at least the 1920s.
- Earl Cadenhead of Ohio 05
Year grown: 2007
Location: Bastrop, Texas
- Family heirloom from David Pendergrass of Tennessee, from his paternal grandmother. Dates back to around 1920-25.
- Introduced in Seed Savers 2004 Yearbook by Carolyn Male of Latham, New York.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Tidwell German. 2006-09-01
Susan Anderson (TX AN S): Tidwell German.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Tidwell German - ripe. 2015-08-15.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Tidwell German - ripe. 2015-09-10.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Tidwell German - sliced. 2015-08-15.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Tidwell German - sliced. 2015-09-10.
You can buy Tidwell German seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!