|Variety type||open-pollinated, commercial|
- This tomato was developed for hot and humid climates, where it performs very well and exibits good disease resistance. Indet., regular leaf plants. Fruits are 7-9 oz, red (yellow skin) and thick-walled. Also does well in greenhouse as it withstands humidity very well. Very good sweet flavor.
- 1. Darrel Jones, Hamilton, Alabama 12
- 2. TomatoFest 11
- Developed by the University of Florida for humid climates.
- Breeder: Florida Agricultural Experimental Station, Bradenton. 1969.
- Parentage: 479-6-1 CASTME x 18-D2-D4-8-1.
- Resistance: race 1 fusarium and verticillium wilts, gray leaf spot and graywall.
You can buy Tropic seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!
|Fruit color||red +|
|Fruit shape||oblate +|
|Fruit size||medium +|
|Fruit type||slicer +|
|Growth habit||indet. +|
|Member||B.C KO T +|
|Variety type||open-pollinated + and commercial +|
|Vendor||TomatoFest +, Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds +, Tomato Growers Supply +, Sand Hill Preservation Center +, Heirloom Tomatoes +, Trade Winds Fruit + and Hazzard's Wholesale Seeds +|