From Tatiana's TOMATOBase
|Variety type||open-pollinated, commercial|
- This tomato was developed for hot and humid climates, where it performs very well and exibits good disease resistance. Indet., regular leaf plants. Fruits are 7-9 oz, red (yellow skin) and thick-walled. Also does well in greenhouse as it withstands humidity very well. Very good sweet flavor.
- 1. Darrel Jones, Hamilton, Alabama 12
- 2. TomatoFest 11
- Developed by the University of Florida for humid climates.
- Breeder: Florida Agricultural Experimental Station, Bradenton. 1969.
- Parentage: 479-6-1 CASTME x 18-D2-D4-8-1.
- Resistance: race 1 fusarium and verticillium wilts, gray leaf spot and graywall.