|Variety type||open-pollinated, heirloom|
- indet., regular leaf, pink medium to large beefsteaks, 6-16 oz, high yield. Very good to excellent balanced flavor, smooth texture.
- Kristien Dhoor, Belgium 06 / Reinhard Kraft, Neukirchen, Germany
Year grown: 2010
- 90 days, indet., regular leaf plant, 16-32 oz pink fruit, good flavor, good yield.
- TN JO M 08 (Marianna Jones, Tennessee)
Location: Oblong, Illinois
- Heirloom tomato tracing back to the 19th century; it is over 100 years old. According to Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds seed catalog, it was introduced commercially in 1958 by Glecklers Seedsmen of Metamora, Ohio, and was collected from West Virginia, where it had been grown for almost 100 years by a few mountain families.
- There is also potato leaf version that was sold by some commercial seed vendors, but it is not correct. This variety has regular leaf.
- SSE TOMATO 42.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Watermelon Beefsteak - flower buds. 2010-07-16.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Watermelon Beefsteak - baby fruit. 2010-07-28.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Watermelon Beefsteak - green fruit. 2010-08-27.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Watermelon Beefsteak - ripe fruit. 2010-09-05.
Klaus-Peter Schurz (GERM SC K). Watermelon Beefsteak - ripe fruit. July 2011.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Watermelon Beefsteak - sliced fruit. 2010-09-05.
You can buy Watermelon Beefsteak seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!
|Fruit color||pink +|
|Fruit shape||beefsteak +|
|Fruit size||large +|
|Fruit type||slicer +|
|Growth habit||indet. +|
|Member||B.C KO T + and IL LO N +|
|Variety type||open-pollinated + and heirloom +|
|Vendor||Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds +, Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds +, Gleckler Seedmen +, Tomato Growers Supply +, TomatoFest +, Sand Hill Preservation Center +, Skyfire Garden Seeds +, Totally Tomatoes +, Heirloom Seeds +, Delectation of Tomatoes +, Heritage Harvest Seed +, Hazzard's Wholesale Seeds + and Knapp's Fresh Vegies +|