|Fruit shape||beefsteak, irregular|
|Variety type||heirloom, open-pollinated|
- Seed Source
- Reimer Seeds
- Indet., regular leaf plant with high yield of large pink beefsteak type fruits, excellent flavor, 13-20 oz. (15 seeds / packet)
- Reimer Seeds / Patty Brown, Ohio 04 / USDA
Year grown: 2006, 2014
- 85 days, indet., potato leaf (TK: wrong leaf type) plant with high yield of 12-16 oz pink fruit with very good flavor.
Location: Oblong, Illinois
- Reimer Seeds / Manfred Hahm-Hartmann
Year grown: 2011
Location: Quitzdorf am See, Germany
- An improvement on Ponderosa made by the Henderson seed company in 1924; there was a naming contest and the name of "Winsall" was chosen for this improved var.
- Some sources distribute a potato-leaf version, which is not correct.
- PI 644794. Donated to USDA in 1961.
- USDA narrative:
- "85 days for maturity, fruits purplish pink, solid and meaty non-acid and smoother than other flat fruited varieties. Vaughn's 1961 Catalog p.28."
Also known as
Klaus-Peter Schurz (GERM SC K). Wins All - leaf. May 2011.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Winsall - ripe fruit. 2014-09-05.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Winsall - ripe fruit. 2014-09-30.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Winsall - sliced fruit. 2014-09-16.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Winsall - sliced fruit. 2014-09-30.
You can buy Winsall seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!