- Large indet. plant with regular foliage, very high yield of thin-necked pear shaped yellow cherry tomatoes, 1.5-2" long. Some cracking in heavy rains. Mild, slightly sweet flavor, firm meaty flesh.
- Peter Gallant, Prince Edward Island, Canada 04
Year grown: 2005, 2009
- Large vines need caging or staking, 84 days, a bountiful producer of cute little thin-necked pear-shaped yellow fruits about 1 to 1.5 inches long, mildly sweet flavor.
- Craig LeHoullier of Raleigh, NC
Year: 1997, 2003
Location: Augusta, Michigan
- yellow pearshaped fruits, regular leaf, indet.
Year: 2002, 2008, 2004
- Large plant, definitely requires staking. Extremely high yielder of small pear-shaped yellow tomatoes, about 1.5" long. Seems to do very well in dry and hot conditions, no problems with cracking/splitting. Good flavour, a good mild acidity and sweet flavour. Indeterminate, 70-80 days.
Year: 2007, 2009, 2014.
Location: Nelson, BC, Canada. Edmonton, AB, Canada.
- Large Indeterminate, regular leaf vines produce lots of pear shaped, yellow cherry tomatoes. Smooth taste, but too bland for me. Early/mid season, 70 days.
- Michael Johnson, UK 09
Year: 2009, 2010, 2012
Location: LaFollette, Tennessee, USA
- Very old heirloom variety, first described in 1805 by Persoon. Goes back to the 17th century.
- PI 303810.
- One of the varieties described in Carolyn J. Male's book "100 Heirloom Tomatoes for the American Garden".
Also known as
- Yellow Pear Shaped (SSE TOMATO 1531)
- Beam's Yellow Pear (SSE TOMATO 209)
- Fargo Yellow Pear (SSE TOMATO 4083)
- Joc Yellow Pear
- Large Yellow Pear
- Japanese Golden Pear
- Red Pear
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Yellow Pear - green fruit. 2009-07-12.
Ted Maiden (TN MA T): Yellow Pear - green fruit. 2011.
Klaus-Peter Schurz (GERM SC K). Yellow Pear - green fruit. 2009.
Henry Steinbock, Austria. Yellow Pearshaped Green Fruit. (this picture is available under Creative Commons License)
Ted Maiden (TN MA T): Yellow Pear - Ripe and Green fruit. 2011.
Henry Steinbock, Austria. Yellow Pearshaped Fruit. (this picture is available under Creative Commons License)
Henry Steinbock, Austria. Yellow Pearshaped. (this picture is available under Creative Commons License)
Kelly G., Canada. Yellow Pear tomato, ripe and unripe fruit on the vine. 2007
Klaus-Peter Schurz (GERM SC K). Yellow Pear. 2009.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Yellow Pear - ripe fruit. 2009-08-24.
Olena Tsygankova, Alberta. Yellow Pear - ripe fruit. 2012-09-15.
Olena Tsygankova, Alberta. Yellow Pear - sliced fruit. 2012-09-15.